LOCATION: Herndon, VA
JOB DESCRIPTION: Using a holistic approach, designs, develops, tests, and debugs applications software and systems containing logical and mathematical solutions. Conducts multidisciplinary research and collaborates with equipment designers and/or hardware engineers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for product and commercial software. Determines computer user needs; analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls; prepares operating instructions; designs and develops compilers and assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems. Ensures software standards are met. Works in a team environment with systems analysts, engineers, programmers, and others to design systems and obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces. Coordinates software system installations and monitors equipment functioning to ensure specifications are met. Specifically seeking front-end developers experienced in website design/layout, images, content, buttons, navigation, and internal links; responsible for verifying website's visual front end is free of errors and looks exactly as designed. Implementation must support multiple browser types and versions, be 508 compliant and perform for bandwidth disadvantaged users. Full time work in a SCIF, but hours are flexible. Work must take place at the client's worksite in Herndon, VA.
- DoD TS/SCI w/CI Polygraph
- Minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience consistent with the Job Description and Qualifications.
- Strong Troubleshooting skills.
- Building prototypes in HTML or PowerPoint.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, Agile environment.
- Experience and proficiency in the several of the following:
- Spring Boot, Java.
- OpenShift, Keycloak, Wildfly.
- Jenkins, Git, Artifactory, CI/CD pipeline.
- Automated testing (JMeter, Selenium, Robot Framework).
- STIG hardening.
- Bachelor of Science in computer engineering or related major.
- Additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Active CompTIA Security+ or other IAT Level II certification (or higher) desired but not mandatory.
- Embodies a principled work ethic founded in honesty, dependability, truthfulness, punctuality, professionalism, accountability, fairness, respectfulness, and assiduousness.
- Possesses the courteous and affable interpersonal skills required for successful workplace communications and work completion.
- Communicates in a professional and timely manner using the most appropriate communications medium (i.e., in person, over the telephone, via email, etc.).
- Conveys both written and verbal communications and information clearly, concisely, and correctly the first time, using well-organized sentence structures and proper grammar.
- Is a team player; comfortable working as a member of a team who takes direction, completes work on time, speaks up in a timely manner when clarification is needed or issues arise, helps others when possible, takes responsibility for their own actions, is not put off by well-meaning constructive criticism, and seeks opportunities for professional development.
COVID 19 VACCINATION: This opportunity directly supports SoundWay’s federal Government client, and as such will require you to either: (i) provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination upon request, (ii) take and report weekly COVID-19 testing results, or (iii) receive SoundWay’s and/or its client’s approval of your Reasonable Accommodation Exemption request. Note: All COVID-19 information provided or shared as herein described is maintain as a confidential medical record in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities act (ADA).
MISSION: To help our clients succeed, our employees excel, and to have a positive impact in all we do.
MOTTO: Continued Service to Country through Contracting.
WATCH US: Check out SoundWay's YouTube site for videos on SoundWay, our capabilities and success.
BENEFITS & PERKS: SoundWay values its employees, respecting the whole person, and recognizing their efforts & accomplishments. True to our Mission Statement we offer competitive salaries, generous benefits, and an ethical & respectful company culture, which includes the following Benefits & Perks:
CAPABILITIES: SoundWay provides state-of-the-industry Information Technology (IT), Mission Support (MS), and Cybersecurity Compliance & Certification (NIST, CMMC, etc.) solutions and services to support and advance National Security and Government programs & operations for the Department of Defense (DoD), Intelligence Community (IC), Veterans Administration (VA) and other non-DoD Government organizations & agencies. And, as a Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification - Accreditation Board (CMMC-AB) Registered Provider Organization (RPO) and a CMMC 3rd Party Assessor Organization (C3PAO), SoundWay provides Cybersecurity compliance and certification solutions & services to businesses, organizations, & individuals doing business with the federal Government & DoD.
- Healthcare Benefits.
- SoundWay pays 100% of an employee's premium (cost) for Medical, Dental, Vision, Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance, & $50K Life Insurance, and approximately 25% of the additional cost to add spouse/partner/child(ren)/family coverage.
- Flexible Spending Account
- 10 Paid Federal Holidays – plus – Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 3.5% Matching 401K Retirement Plan. Up to 3.5% matching.
- Professional Development Reimbursement. $1,500/year for qualified college courses, certification classes & testing, & professional association membership fees.
GIVING BACK: Giving back is a great way to have a positive impact in our communities & industry, and with our colleagues & clients. We encourage staff to recommend opportunities to give back via donations, sponsoring, mentoring, membership, participation, etc. Our commitment to giving back & positive impact includes sponsoring a local youth softball team and the Bea Gaddy Family Centers for several years.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disable