LOCATION: Herndon, VA
JOB DESCRIPTION: Using a holistic approach, designs, develops, evaluates, and modifies end-to-end systems and systems-oriented products through their entire life cycle. Establishes and coordinates development of standards, practices, and procedures as related to the overall product development. Designs interfaces and brings system elements together, so they work as a whole. Assesses performance using evaluation criteria and technical performance measures. Participates in system conceptual design and documentation of the design concepts. Participates in design reviews of components (hardware and software) to ensure applicability to the current system and traceability of requirements through compliance verification and validation. Implements DevSecOps CI/CD pipelines using tools such as Jenkins, Git, and Artifactory. Performs security hardening, patching and server certificate updates. Works with Cloud technologies. Develops documentation for System Installation Plans and System Administration Guides. Work takes place in a SCI. Work must take place at the client's worksite in Herndon, VA.
- DoD TS/SCI w/CI Polygraph
- Minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience consistent with the Job Description and Qualifications.
- Must Have demonstrated experience and proficiency in the following:
- AWS Cloud & tools:
- EC2s, S3, RDS, ElasticCache, Elasticsearch, Docker, Maven,
- CI/CD tools:
- Jenkins, Git, Artifactory.
- OpenShift, PostgreSQL, Ansible.
- Implementing STIG hardening.
- Working in an Agile/Scrum environment/lifecycle.
- Linux Sysadmin.
- Windows Server.
- Desired, but not mandatory:
- Leading Agile/Scrum continuous-delivery engagements.
- Implementing CI/CD pipelines.
- Wildfly, Keycloak.
- Bachelor of Science in computer engineering or related major.
- 9 years total relevant experience in lieu of degree may be considered.
- Must have:
- Active CompTIA Security+ or other IAT Level II certification (or higher)
- Possesses a principled work ethic founded in honesty, dependability, punctuality, civility, accountability, integrity, accuracy, diligent performance, customer-satisfaction-focused, and respect.
- Has the courteous and affable interpersonal skills required for successful workplace communications, comradery, and work completion.
- Is comfortable, productive, and adds value (1) working as a member of a team and taking direction (leading & managing teams if required), and (2) working independently.
- Conveys written and verbal communications and information clearly, concisely, and correctly the first time -- in a timely & efficient manner -- using proper grammar and well organized and structured paragraphs and sentences.
- Seeks opportunities for professional development and accepts well-meaning constructive criticism.
COVID 19 VACCINATION: This opportunity directly supports SoundWay’s federal Government client, and as such will require you to either: (i) provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination upon request, (ii) take and report weekly COVID-19 testing results, or (iii) receive SoundWay’s and/or its client’s approval of your Reasonable Accommodation Exemption request. Note: All COVID-19 information provided or shared as herein described is maintain as a confidential medical record in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities act (ADA).
MISSION: To help our clients succeed, our employees excel, and to have a positive impact in all we do.
MOTTO: Continued Service to Country through Contracting.
WATCH US: Check out SoundWay's YouTube site for videos on SoundWay, our capabilities and success.
BENEFITS & PERKS: SoundWay values its employees, respecting the whole person, and recognizing their efforts & accomplishments. True to our Mission Statement we offer competitive salaries, generous benefits, and an ethical & respectful company culture, which includes the following Benefits & Perks:
CAPABILITIES: SoundWay provides state-of-the-industry Information Technology (IT), Mission Support (MS), and Cybersecurity Compliance & Certification (NIST, CMMC, etc.) solutions and services to support and advance National Security and Government programs & operations for the Department of Defense (DoD), Intelligence Community (IC), Veterans Administration (VA) and other non-DoD Government organizations & agencies. And, as a Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification - Accreditation Board (CMMC-AB) Registered Provider Organization (RPO) and a CMMC 3rd Party Assessor Organization (C3PAO), SoundWay provides Cybersecurity compliance and certification solutions & services to businesses, organizations, & individuals doing business with the federal Government & DoD.
- Healthcare Benefits.
- SoundWay pays 100% of an employee's premium (cost) for Medical, Dental, Vision, Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance, & $50K Life Insurance, and approximately 25% of the additional cost to add spouse/partner/child(ren)/family coverage.
- Flexible Spending Account
- 10 Paid Federal Holidays – plus – Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 3.5% Matching 401K Retirement Plan. Up to 3.5% matching.
- Professional Development Reimbursement. $1,500/year for qualified college courses, certification classes & testing, & professional association membership fees.
GIVING BACK: Giving back is a great way to have a positive impact in our communities & industry, and with our colleagues & clients. We encourage staff to recommend opportunities to give back via donations, sponsoring, mentoring, membership, participation, etc. Our commitment to giving back & positive impact includes sponsoring a local youth softball team and the Bea Gaddy Family Centers for several years.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disable