TS/SCI with CI Polygraph
JBAB, Washington DC or Reston, VA
Regular workday hours
Local travel, only
The EDW Engineering Lead directly supports the Chief Information Officer’s (CIO) Application Program Managers working independently or as a leader or key member of a team overseeing, monitoring, and supporting server and systems performance, administration, and maintenance across several disciplines to ensure high availability, updated capability delivery, and swift problem identification and resolution. The EDW Engineering Lead shall also monitor and identify technology trends and capabilities, and potential future system, server, and enterprise needs and demands.
- Provides expert guidance and direction to Government and Vendor senior level technicians and managers. Directs multiple contractor and subcontractors teams and personnel through to project completion.
- Responsible for the installation, configuration, and maintenance of servers and commercial software packages.
- Responsible for you and your team’s identifying, comprehending, and analyzing complex system problems and determine, recommend, develop, and implement solutions.
- Systems and application installation and maintenance:
- Install and configure server, systems and software/applications updates and patches.
- Manage and maintain server, systems and software/applications configuration documentation.
- Establish and enforce procedures.
- Monitor system health.
- Collect and report performance data.
- Participate in capacity planning.
- Communicating EDW activities, status, requirements, plans, risks, and issues with all levels of management and individual environment conributors.
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant experience.
- See EDUCATION for EXPERIENCE waivers.
- Administering operating systems, including: Linux – RedHat, Windows Server 2012 or higher.
- AWS GovCloud AWS Cloud infrastructure and native automation toolsets.
- Scripting in Perl, Python, Bash, and other industry/environment-relevant scripting languages.
- Knowledge of installing, configuring, integrating, deploying, updating, maintaining, and/or troubleshooting and problem resolution of/for:
- IBM DataStage and/or Business Objects for Extract, Transform, Load (ETL).
- AWS GovCloud and commercial cloud environment architecture, configuration, and management.
- HTTP Server, Apache Tomcat, WebLogics DNS.
- Databases; Oracle, SQL Server, RedShift, and others.
- Risk Management Framework (RMF).
- Networking and communications.
- PKI Certificate-based authentication and single sign-on capability.
- Agile SDLC: Creating, conducting, updating, tracking and managing a defined area of responsibility using a disciplined Agile system engineering work plan methodology/approach; includes tailored methods and processes to deliver new and incremental capabilities; prioritizing, managing and coordinating parallel requirements.
- Demonstrated professional written and verbal communication skills; accurately and efficiently communicating information.
- Demonstrated ability to build support teams and foster and facilitate team skills’ enhancements to meet current and anticipated system, data, and environment needs.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills able to effectively work with all levels of stakeholders: C-level, leadership, seniors, peers and subordinates, including systems users and contributors.
- Demonstrated ability applying/using Project Management Institute (PMI) Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) principles and practices for program/project success.
- Successfully managed multiple, large, multifaceted concurrent projects.
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 8-years of relevant experience.
- Master’s degree with a minimum of 6-years of relevant experience; or
- PhD with a minimum of 4-years of relevant experience.
To help our clients succeed, our employees excel, and to have a positive impact in all we do.
SoundWay values its employees
, respecting the whole person, and recognizing their efforts & accomplishments. True to our mission statement we offer competitive salaries, generous benefits, and thoughtful & communicative leadership & management.
SoundWay's professional services & client success include
- Benefits & Perks:
- Healthcare Benefits. SoundWay pays 100% of our employee’s medical, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability, & basic life insurance benefits’ premiums. SoundWay also pays 25% of the cost to add family members to medical, dental, & vision insurances.
- Matching 401K Retirement Plan. 3.5% matching with immediate vesting.
- FSA and HSA. Employees may contribute pre-tax funds into in a Flexible Spending Account (FSA). A prepaid Health Spending Account (HSA) is also available to qualifying employees to help offset the cost of deductibles.
- Professional Development. Employees are reimbursed up to $2500 a year for qualifying professional development expenses, including college courses, certification classes and testing, and professional association fees.
Information Technology (IT), Mission Support (MS), and Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC) solutions and services to support and advance National Security and Government programs and operations within the Department of Defense (DoD), Intelligence Community (IC), Veterans Administration (VA) and other Civil federal agencies. SoundWay is a Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification - Accreditation Board (CMMC-AB)
Registered Provider Organization (RPO)
and shall soon become a CMMC 3rd Party Assessor Organization (C3PAO)
Giving back is part of the SoundWay’s ethos.
We seek ways to have a positive impact in our local communities and industry, including donating to and participating in charitable organizations and events. We encourage our employees to recommend giving-back opportunities; which is how we've come to sponsor a local youth softball team for many years. We know that we can only help ensure our client’s success if our employees have what they need to excel and believe in the company they work for.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disable