LOCATION: Herndon, VA
JOB DESCRIPTION: Designs, develops, builds, analyzes, evaluates, and installs database management systems to include database modeling and design, relational database architecture, metadata and repository creation and configuration management. Uses data mapping, data mining and data transformational analysis tools to design and develop databases. Determines data storage and optimum storage requirements. Prepares system requirements, source analysis and process analyses and design throughout the database implementation. Evaluates, sizes and selects technology components, such as software, hardware, and networking capabilities, for database management systems and application databases. Writes and tunes SQL queries for performance and scalability. Implements comprehensive backup and database replication solutions. Work takes place in a SCI. Work must take place at the client's worksite in Herndon, VA.
- DoD TS/SCI w/CI Polygraph
- Minimum of 5 year of relevant experience consistent with the Job Description and Qualifications.
- Must Have experience with the following:
- Working in a fast-paced Agile/Scrum environment
- Strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills.
- PL/pgSQL, PL/SQL, or SQL
- Designing, developing, & implementing databases (tables, fields, relationships, indices, triggers, calculations, stored procedures, etc.).
- Understanding of or experience implementing Row Level Security and/or cross domain systems.
- Assessing performance & making improvements.
- Jenkins, Git, CI/CD pipelines
- STIG hardening.
- Delivery within an AWS environment.
- Desired, but not mandatory:
- Familiarity with & understanding of AWS.
- Wildfly, Keycloak.
- Kafka, Activiti
- Automate testing (i.e., JMeter, Selenium, Robot Framework)
- Coding, configuring, debugging, securing, integrating, and deploying .NET Framework apps.
- Leading tasks; leading small number of developers.
- Bachelor of Science in computer engineering or related major.
- 9 years total relevant experience in lieu of degree may be considered.
- Must have:
- Active CompTIA Security+ or other IAT Level II certification (or higher)
- Possesses a principled work ethic founded in honesty, dependability, punctuality, civility, accountability, integrity, accuracy, diligent performance, customer-satisfaction-focused, and respect.
- Has the courteous and affable interpersonal skills required for successful workplace communications, comradery, and work completion.
- Is comfortable, productive, and adds value (1) working as a member of a team and taking direction (leading & managing teams if required), and (2) working independently.
- Conveys written and verbal communications and information clearly, concisely, and correctly the first time -- in a timely & efficient manner -- using proper grammar and well organized and structured paragraphs and sentences.
- Seeks opportunities for professional development and accepts well-meaning constructive criticism.
COVID 19 VACCINATION: This opportunity directly supports SoundWay’s federal Government client, and as such will require you to either: (i) provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination upon request, (ii) take and report weekly COVID-19 testing results, or (iii) receive SoundWay’s and/or its client’s approval of your Reasonable Accommodation Exemption request. Note: All COVID-19 information provided or shared as herein described is maintain as a confidential medical record in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities act (ADA).
MISSION: To help our clients succeed, our employees excel, and to have a positive impact in all we do.
MOTTO: Continued Service to Country through Contracting.
WATCH US: Check out SoundWay's YouTube site for videos on SoundWay, our capabilities and success.
BENEFITS & PERKS: SoundWay values its employees, respecting the whole person, and recognizing their efforts & accomplishments. True to our Mission Statement we offer competitive salaries, generous benefits, and an ethical & respectful company culture, which includes the following Benefits & Perks:
CAPABILITIES: SoundWay provides state-of-the-industry Information Technology (IT), Mission Support (MS), and Cybersecurity Compliance & Certification (NIST, CMMC, etc.) solutions and services to support and advance National Security and Government programs & operations for the Department of Defense (DoD), Intelligence Community (IC), Veterans Administration (VA) and other non-DoD Government organizations & agencies. And, as a Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification - Accreditation Board (CMMC-AB) Registered Provider Organization (RPO) and a CMMC 3rd Party Assessor Organization (C3PAO), SoundWay provides Cybersecurity compliance and certification solutions & services to businesses, organizations, & individuals doing business with the federal Government & DoD.
- Healthcare Benefits.
- SoundWay pays 100% of an employee's premium (cost) for Medical, Dental, Vision, Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance, & $50K Life Insurance, and approximately 25% of the additional cost to add spouse/partner/child(ren)/family coverage.
- Flexible Spending Account
- 10 Paid Federal Holidays – plus – Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 3.5% Matching 401K Retirement Plan. Up to 3.5% matching.
- Professional Development Reimbursement. $1,500/year for qualified college courses, certification classes & testing, & professional association membership fees.
GIVING BACK: Giving back is a great way to have a positive impact in our communities & industry, and with our colleagues & clients. We encourage staff to recommend opportunities to give back via donations, sponsoring, mentoring, membership, participation, etc. Our commitment to giving back & positive impact includes sponsoring a local youth softball team and the Bea Gaddy Family Centers for several years.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled