LOCATION: Herndon, VA
JOB DESCRIPTION: Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs applications software and systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions. Conducts multidisciplinary research and collaborates with equipment designers and/or hardware engineers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for product and commercial software. Determines computer user needs; analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls; prepares operating instructions; designs and develops compilers and assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems. Ensures software standards are met. Analyzes user needs and software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints. Confers with systems analysts, engineers, programmers and others to design system and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces. Designs, develops and modifies software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcomes and consequences of design. Coordinates software system installations and monitors equipment functioning to ensure specifications are met. Specifically seeking middle tier or back-end developers responsible for creating the business logic and services between the UI and the back end, and the functions and operations performed on the data (relational and unstructured). Work takes place in a SCI. Work must take place at the client's worksite in Herndon, VA.
- DoD TS/SCI w/CI Polygraph
- Minimum of 5 year of relevant experience consistent with the Job Description and Qualifications.
- Must Have experience with the following:
- Drafting prototypes in HTML or PowerPoint.
- Working in a fast-paced Agile/Scrum environment
- Strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills.
- PostSQL and PL/pgSQL
- JUnit testing
- Microsoft Services
- Coding, configuring, debugging, securing, integrating, and deploying .NET Framework apps.
- Spring Boot, Java
- Delivering w/in an AWS environment.
- Jenkins, Git tools
- Desired, but not mandatory:
- Familiarity with AWS.
- CI/CD pipeline; automated code builds & testing, and deployments.
- OpenShift, Artifactory
- Wildfly, Keycloak.
- PostgreSQL, Kafka, Activiti
- STIG hardening.
- Automate testing (i.e., JMeter, Selenium, Robot Framework)
- Scrum Master experience or certification
- Leading tasks; leading small number of developers.
- Bachelor of Science in computer engineering or related major.
- 9 years total relevant experience in lieu of degree may be considered.
- Desired but not mandatory; ability to obtain w/in one year:
- Active CompTIA Security+ or other IAT Level II certification (or higher)
- Possesses a principled work ethic founded in honesty, dependability, punctuality, civility, accountability, integrity, accuracy, diligent performance, customer-satisfaction-focused, and respect.
- Has the courteous and affable interpersonal skills required for successful workplace communications, comradery, and work completion.
- Is comfortable, productive, and adds value (1) working as a member of a team and taking direction (leading & managing teams if required), and (2) working independently.
- Conveys written and verbal communications and information clearly, concisely, and correctly the first time -- in a timely & efficient manner -- using proper grammar and well organized and structured paragraphs and sentences.
- Seeks opportunities for professional development and accepts well-meaning constructive criticism.
COVID 19 VACCINATION: This opportunity directly supports SoundWay’s federal Government client, and as such will require you to either: (i) provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination upon request, (ii) take and report weekly COVID-19 testing results, or (iii) receive SoundWay’s and/or its client’s approval of your Reasonable Accommodation Exemption request. Note: All COVID-19 information provided or shared as herein described is maintain as a confidential medical record in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities act (ADA).
MISSION: To help our clients succeed, our employees excel, and to have a positive impact in all we do.
MOTTO: Continued Service to Country through Contracting.
WATCH US: Check out SoundWay's YouTube site for videos on SoundWay, our capabilities and success.
BENEFITS & PERKS: SoundWay values its employees, respecting the whole person, and recognizing their efforts & accomplishments. True to our Mission Statement we offer competitive salaries, generous benefits, and an ethical & respectful company culture, which includes the following Benefits & Perks:
CAPABILITIES: SoundWay provides state-of-the-industry Information Technology (IT), Mission Support (MS), and Cybersecurity Compliance & Certification (NIST, CMMC, etc.) solutions and services to support and advance National Security and Government programs & operations for the Department of Defense (DoD), Intelligence Community (IC), Veterans Administration (VA) and other non-DoD Government organizations & agencies. And, as a Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification - Accreditation Board (CMMC-AB) Registered Provider Organization (RPO) and a CMMC 3rd Party Assessor Organization (C3PAO), SoundWay provides Cybersecurity compliance and certification solutions & services to businesses, organizations, & individuals doing business with the federal Government & DoD.
- Healthcare Benefits.
- SoundWay pays 100% of an employee's premium (cost) for Medical, Dental, Vision, Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance, & $50K Life Insurance, and approximately 25% of the additional cost to add spouse/partner/child(ren)/family coverage.
- Flexible Spending Account
- 10 Paid Federal Holidays – plus – Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 3.5% Matching 401K Retirement Plan. Up to 3.5% matching.
- Professional Development Reimbursement. $1,500/year for qualified college courses, certification classes & testing, & professional association membership fees.
GIVING BACK: Giving back is a great way to have a positive impact in our communities & industry, and with our colleagues & clients. We encourage staff to recommend opportunities to give back via donations, sponsoring, mentoring, membership, participation, etc. Our commitment to giving back & positive impact includes sponsoring a local youth softball team and the Bea Gaddy Family Centers for several years.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled