CLEARANCE: Typically: TS/SCI w/CI Poly.
Occasionally: Public Trust
LOCATION: Typically: On Client Site in the DC, MD & VA area
Possible for Public Trust opportunities.
No long-distance travel is anticipated.
Provide technical expertise to develop, enhance, troubleshoot, integrate, test, deploy, maintain and support applications and systems throughout every stage of their lifecycles. NOTE: the degree of duties, responsibility, and authority depends on the job level for which you are hired.
- Monitor and audit systems and application (including Cloud) operations and builds to identify real or potential risks and issues (and bugs) and recommend and implement solutions.
- Standardize and automate (script) activities, processes, backups, security, redundancy strategies, and monitoring to reduce human reliance/interaction.
- Optimize system(s) to ensure high availability, accuracy, and appropriate resource management.
- Install and configure operating systems, software, and hardware components, updates and patches.
- Manage system and application baselines, follow configuration management policy and practice; document baseline changes/updates, designs, maintenance and support procedures, and routine tasks.
- Conduct high-level root-cause analysis for service interruption and establish and implement preventive measures.
The ideal candidate has systems engineering experience commensurate with the job level for which they are applying.
- TECHNICAL EXPERIENCE:
- Knowledgeable of and experience with programming languages and operating systems; current equipment and technologies, enterprise backup and recovery procedures, system performance-monitoring tools, active directories, virtualization, HTTP traffic, content delivery, and caching.
- Understanding and experience in project management, application design and integration, cloud computing/engineering.
- Understanding and experience in creating, analyzing, and repairing large-scale distributed systems.
- Experience evaluating existing systems and applications, identifying risks and/or issues and/or opportunities for optimization and enhancements.
- Knowledgeable of and experience with systems and software configuration management best practices and tools, such as: Ansible, SaltStack, Rudder.
- Knowledgeable of and experience with various systems engineering tools to help understand and convey customer requirements, explore design options, optimize designs, and validate designs.
- Experience with Windows OS and Linux OS.
- Professional written and verbal communication skills.
- YEARS EXPERIENCE
- Entry-Level : Minimum of 2 years' experience in software development.
- Mid-Level: Minimum of 4 years' experience in systems engineering or software development.
- Senior-Level: Minimum of 8 years' experience in systems engineering or software development.
- Bachelor Degree in a relevant Computer/Engineering/Mathematics/IT discipline.
- 4 years of additional experience may be accepted in lieu of a Bachelor Degree.
- 2 years reduction in the "minimum years' experience" requirement if you possess a Master's Degree or PhD in a relevant discipline.
- Certain intensive Cloud certifications may waive the Bachelor Degree requirement.
- One or more of following certifications may be required and/or preferred:
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Architect (MCSA)
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE)
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- VM Ware Certified Professional
- COVID-19 Vaccination - Federal Government Compliance: NOTE: Most, but not all, of SoundWay's job openings support federal Government clients. If SoundWay's job offer is for a job supporting a federal Government client, your employment shall be contingent upon your ability to either (i) provide proof of vaccination, or (ii) submit and have approved by the client a Reasonable Accommodation Exemption.
- - - - -
To help our clients succeed, our employees excel, and to have a positive impact in all we do.
Continued Service to Country through Contracting.
BENEFITS & PERKS:
SoundWay values its employees, respecting the whole person, and recognizing their efforts & accomplishments. True to our mission statement we offer competitive salaries, generous benefits, and thoughtful & communicative leadership & management.
Benefits & Perks:
- Healthcare Benefits. SoundWay pays 100% of our employee’s medical, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability, & basic life insurance benefits’ premiums. SoundWay also pays 25% of the cost to add family members to medical, dental, & vision insurances.
- Matching 401K Retirement Plan. 3.5% matching with immediate vesting.
- FSA. Employees may contribute pre-tax funds into in a Flexible Spending Account (FSA).
- Professional Development. Employees are reimbursed up to $2,000 a year for qualifying professional development expenses, including college courses, certification classes and testing, and professional association fees.
SoundWay's professional services & client success include Information Technology (IT), Mission Support (MS), and Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC) solutions and services to support and advance National Security and Government programs and operations within the Department of Defense (DoD), Intelligence Community (IC), Veterans Administration (VA) and other Civil federal agencies. SoundWay is a Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification - Accreditation Board (CMMC-AB) Registered Provider Organization (RPO) and a CMMC 3rd Party Assessor Organization (C3PAO) certifier.
Giving back is part of the SoundWay’s ethos. We seek ways to have a positive impact in our local communities and industry, including donating to and participating in charitable organizations and events. We encourage our employees to recommend giving-back opportunities; which is how we've come to sponsor a local youth softball team for many years. We know that we can only help ensure our client’s success if our employees have what they need to excel and believe in the company they work for.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disable