CLEARANCE: Typically: TS/SCI w/CI Poly.
Occasionally: Public Trust
LOCATION: Typically: On Client Site in the DC, MD & VA area
Possible for Public Trust opportunities.
No long distance travel is anticipated.
Provide technical support to help SoundWay's clients modernize & consolidate IT infrastructure, migrate & enhance existing systems & applications, automate workloads, and pursue next-generation innovation. NOTE: the degree of duties, responsibility, and authority depends on the job level for which you are hired.
- As a Cloud Engineer you shall (i) Work in tandem with the engineering team to identify and implement the most optimal cloud-based solutions; (ii) Ensure application performance, uptime, and scale, maintaining high standards of code quality and thoughtful design; (iii) Manage cloud environments in accordance with company security guidelines; (iv) Develop and implement technical efforts to design, build, and deploy Cloud-specific (AWS or Azure) applications and containers at the direction of lead architects; (v) Participate in all aspects of the software development life cycle for Cloud-specific and/or Client-specific solutions, including planning, requirements, development, testing, and quality assurance; (vi) Troubleshoot incidents, identify root cause, fix and document problems, and implement preventive measures; (vii) Employ exceptional problem-solving skills, with the ability to see and solve issues before they affect business productivity.
- More experienced individuals may be required to: (i) Define and document best practices and strategies for design, development, integration, testing, deployment and maintenance, (ii) Support large-scale data processing, computationally intensive statistical modeling, and advanced analytics; (iii) Provide guidance, thought leadership, mentorship, and educate/train teams on best practices and emerging technologies to build Cloud competencies.
The ideal candidate is experienced in cloud-based technology, has a firm grasp on, and the ability to assess, customize, troubleshoot, optimize, and maintain current and emerging technologies, platforms, and applications to help ensure greater security and efficiencies.
- TECHNICAL EXPERIENCE
- Understanding of the 5 pillars of well-architected frameworks; experience is preferred.
- Experience in several of the following: database architecture, Extract-Transform-Load (ETL), software development, big data, machine learning, advanced analytics, business intelligence.
- Successful, proven experience collaborating with multi-disciplinary teams (business analysts, developers, data scientists, infrastructure & network engineers, subject matter experts).
- Knowledgeable of and experience with PaaS, SaaS, and/or CaaS solutions/technologies, including some of the following: Kubernetes, Docker, ECS, Azure Container Instances, OpenShift, CloudFoundry, Mesosphere, Pivotal, etc...
- Knowledgeable of and experience collaborating on code/version development, configuration management, Cloud orchestration tools, and continuous delivery (and automation) of/for build testing, monitoring, and pushing releases across environments, and using tools such as: Jenkins, Ansible, Puppet, GitHub, Terraform, Salt, AWS Cloudformation, Chef, Apache Maven, and Azure DevOps Server.
- YEARS EXPERIENCE
- Entry-Level Cloud Engineer: Minimum of 2 years experience in software development.
- Mid-Level Cloud Engineer: Minimum of 4 years experience in Cloud Engineering.
- Senior-Level Cloud Engineer: Minimum of 8 years experience in Cloud Engineering.
- Bachelors Degree in a relevant Computer/Engineering/Mathematics/IT discipline.
- 4 years of additional experience may be accepted in lieu of a Bachelors Degree.
- 2 years reduction in the "minimum years experience" requirement if you possess a Masters Degree or PhD in a relevant discipline.
- Certain intensive Cloud certifications may waive the Bachelor Degree requirement.
- One or more of following certifications may be required and/or preferred depending on the specific Cloud solution and job level.
- AZURE Administrator / Developer / Security Engineer / AI Engineer / Data Scientist / Data Engineer / Database Administrator ASSOCIATE CERTIFICATION
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Architect
- Microsoft Certified Azure DevOps Engineer
- AWS Solutions Architect / SysOps Administrator / Developer ASSOCIATE CERTIFICATION
- AWS Solutions Architect / DevOps Engineer PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATION
- AWS Advanced Networking / Data Analytics / Database / Machine Learning / Security SPECIALTY CERTIFICATION
- Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP)
- Kubernetes Application Developer / Administrator / Security Specialist CERTIFICATION
- Docker Certified Associate
- Certified Jenkins Engineer
- COVID-19 Vaccination - Federal Government Compliance: NOTE: Most, but not all, of SoundWay's job openings support federal Government clients. If SoundWay's job offer is for a job supporting a federal Government client, your employment shall be contingent upon your ability to either (i) provide proof of vaccination, or (ii) submit and have approved by the client a Reasonable Accommodation Exemption.
- - - - - - - -
To help our clients succeed, our employees excel, and to have a positive impact in all we do.
Continued Service to Country through Contracting.
Check out SoundWay's YouTube site
for videos on SoundWay, our capabilities and success.
BENEFITS & PERKS:
SoundWay values its employees, respecting the whole person, and recognizing their efforts & accomplishments. True to our Mission Statement we offer competitive salaries, generous benefits, and an ethical & respectful company culture, including the following Benefits & Perks:
- Healthcare Benefits.
- SoundWay pays 100% of an employee's premium (cost) for Medical, Dental, Vision, Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance, & $50K Life Insurance, and approximately 25% of the additional cost to add spouse/partner/child(ren)/family coverage.
- Pre-Paid Health Reimbursement Debit Card. Minimum of $900/year to help offset deductibles.
- Bonus in Lieu of Benefits. $3000/year bonus in lieu of benefits if you don't need/want benefits through SoundWay.
- Flexible Spending Account
- 3.5% Matching 401K Retirement Plan. Up to 3.5% matching.
- Professional Development Reimbursement. $2500/year for qualified college courses, certification classes & testing, & professional association membership fees.
SoundWay's provides state-of-the-industry Information Technology (IT), Mission Support (MS), and Cybersecurity Compliance & Certification (NIST, CMMC, etc.)
solutions and services to support and advance National Security and Government programs & operations for the Department of Defense (DoD),
Intelligence Community (IC),
Veterans Administration (VA)
and other non-DoD Government organizations & agencies. And, as a Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification - Accreditation Board (CMMC-AB)
Registered Provider Organization (RPO)
and candidate CMMC 3rd Party Assessor Organization (C3PAO),
SoundWay provides Cybersecurity compliance and certification solutions & services to businesses, organizations, & individuals doing business with the federal Government & DoD.
Giving back is a great way to have a positive impact in our communities & industry, and with our colleagues & clients. We encourage staff to recommend opportunities to give back via donations, sponsoring, mentoring, membership, participation, etc.. Our commitment to giving back & positive impact includes sponsoring a local youth softball team and the Bea Gaddy Family Centers
for several years.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disable