Columbia / Baltimore, MD area
As a Systems Engineer for Infrastructure Architecture Engineering (IAE) you are expected to identify, investigate, and solve complex and advance technical challenges, issues, and defects by developing and applying advance software and systems methods, theories, and research techniques. You are expected to work without considerable direction or oversight; proactively and professionally collaborate with colleagues, client and stakeholders; and may be required to mentor junior staff. You shall contribute to, support, and/or lead strategic and significant project efforts and major phases and release activities. You shall analyze, evaluate and plan methods of approach and, working with contract leadership, management, staff, and the client, shall organize the means to successfully solve and resolve complex technical challenge. You shall conduct thorough investigations and tests of considerable complexity. You shall identify and review literature, patents and current practices that are relevant to resolving challenges and supporting projects. You must stay abreast of the contract’s projects and their progress, evaluate results, and make recommendations to correct and/or resolve any shortcomings. Identify and/or specify materials, equipment, and supplies required for contract project/activity completion and implementation. From time to time you shall be required to evaluate [potential] vendor capability(ies), their products and/or services, and provide objective findings and recommendations. You may be asked to provide technical consultation to technical staff or to other organizations.
- Minimum of 5 years of directly related experience.
- Includes at least 3 years of experience with Cloud platforms or architecture.
- Includes at least 2 years of experience in a systems engineering, architecture, or senior systems administration role.
- Experience delivering high-impact software solutions to government clients.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services, AWS CloudWatch, Azure Monitor.
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code using Azure Resource Management Templates, AWS Cloud Formation Templates, HashiCorp Terraform.
- Experience administering Windows- and Linux-based systems.
- Ability to script in Bash or Python.
- Bachelors degree in a relevant computer field.
- AWS Solutions Architect Certification, Associate.
- Azure Administrator Certification, Associate.
To help our clients succeed, our employees excel, and to have a positive impact in all we do.
SoundWay values its employees
, respecting the whole person, and recognizing their efforts & accomplishments. True to our mission statement we offer competitive salaries, generous benefits, and thoughtful & communicative leadership & management.
Benefits & Perks:
SoundWay's professional services & client success include
- Healthcare Benefits. SoundWay pays 100% of our employee’s medical, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability, & basic life insurance benefits’ premiums. SoundWay also pays 25% of the cost to add family members to medical, dental, & vision insurances.
- Matching 401K Retirement Plan. 3.5% matching with immediate vesting.
- FSA and HSA. Employees may contribute pre-tax funds into in a Flexible Spending Account (FSA). A prepaid Health Spending Account (HSA) is also available to qualifying employees to help offset the cost of deductibles.
- Professional Development. Employees are reimbursed up to $2500 a year for qualifying professional development expenses, including college courses, certification classes and testing, and professional association fees.
Information Technology (IT), Mission Support (MS), and Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC) solutions and services to support and advance National Security and Government programs and operations within the Department of Defense (DoD), Intelligence Community (IC), Veterans Administration (VA) and other Civil federal agencies. SoundWay is a Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification - Accreditation Board (CMMC-AB) Registered Provider Organization (RPO) and shall soon become a CMMC 3rd Party Assessor Organization (C3PAO) certifier.
Giving back is part of the SoundWay’s ethos.
We seek ways to have a positive impact in our local communities and industry, including donating to and participating in charitable organizations and events. We encourage our employees to recommend giving-back opportunities; which is how we've come to sponsor a local youth softball team for many years. We know that we can only help ensure our client’s success if our employees have what they need to excel and believe in the company they work for.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disable