Columbia / Baltimore, MD area
As a systems engineer leading and supporting the contract/team's containerization efforts you shall develop innovative solutions to complex problems; and shall support automation builds, testing, monitoring, and pushing releases across environments
using development tools and processes to drive DevSecOps maturity. You are expected to work without considerable direction, lead and manage tasks and members, and may be required to mentor junior staff. The majority of your efforts shall focus on working on and building enterprise cloud-native solutions involving Kubernetes, Docker, AWS, and Azure
You shall support contract/team stakeholder-engagement activities using advanced consulting skills and technical expertise.
- Minimum of 5 years of directly related experience.
- Experience delivering high-impact software solutions to government clients.
- Experience with Docker or Kubernetes and Amazon AWS services and APIs, including EC2, S3, VPC, and IAM.
- Experience with of PaaS, SaaS, or CaaS solutions or technologies, including Kubernetes, Cloud Foundry, OpenShift, Mesosphere, Pivotal, and Docker Data Center.
- Experience with continuous delivery software tools including Jenkins or CloudBees..
- Experience with alerts and monitoring tools and system management tools for environments and configuration management and Cloud orchestration tools, including Ansible, Chef, Puppet, AWS Cloudformation, Azure Resource management Templates, Terraform, and Salt.
- Bachelors degree in a relevant computer field.
- Masters degree in a relevant computer field with a minimum of three (3) years of directly-related experience.
- Nine (9) years of directly-related experience; no degree required.
- Five (5) years of directly-related experience and a compelling mix of at least three (3) relevant certifications.
Certification(s) is(are) not required, however, possessing a certification in one or more of the above-referenced experience skills may have an impact in the hiring and offer decisions.
- - - - -
To help our clients succeed, our employees excel, and to have a positive impact in all we do.
SoundWay values its employees
, respecting the whole person, and recognizing their efforts & accomplishments. True to our mission statement we offer competitive salaries, generous benefits, and thoughtful & communicative leadership & management.
Benefits & Perks:
SoundWay's professional services & client success include
- Healthcare Benefits. SoundWay pays 100% of our employee’s medical, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability, & basic life insurance benefits’ premiums. SoundWay also pays 25% of the cost to add family members to medical, dental, & vision insurances.
- Matching 401K Retirement Plan. 3.5% matching with immediate vesting.
- FSA and HSA. Employees may contribute pre-tax funds into in a Flexible Spending Account (FSA). A prepaid Health Spending Account (HSA) is also available to qualifying employees to help offset the cost of deductibles.
- Professional Development. Employees are reimbursed up to $2500 a year for qualifying professional development expenses, including college courses, certification classes and testing, and professional association fees.
Information Technology (IT), Mission Support (MS), and Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC) solutions and services to support and advance National Security and Government programs and operations within the Department of Defense (DoD), Intelligence Community (IC), Veterans Administration (VA) and other Civil federal agencies. SoundWay is a Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification - Accreditation Board (CMMC-AB) Registered Provider Organization (RPO) and shall soon become a CMMC 3rd Party Assessor Organization (C3PAO) certifier.
Giving back is part of the SoundWay’s ethos.
We seek ways to have a positive impact in our local communities and industry, including donating to and participating in charitable organizations and events. We encourage our employees to recommend giving-back opportunities; which is how we've come to sponsor a local youth softball team for many years. We know that we can only help ensure our client’s success if our employees have what they need to excel and believe in the company they work for.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disable