Remote (through COVID-19, at a minimum)
As a systems engineer leading and supporting the contract/team's containerization efforts you shall develop innovative solutions to complex problems; and shall support automation builds, testing, monitoring, and pushing releases across environments
using development tools and processes to drive DevSecOps maturity. You are expected to work without considerable direction, lead and manage tasks and members, and may be required to mentor junior staff. The majority of your efforts shall focus on working on and building enterprise cloud-native solutions involving Kubernetes, Docker, AWS, and Azure
You shall support contract/team stakeholder-engagement activities using advanced consulting skills and technical expertise.
- TECHNICAL EXPERIENCE:
- Understanding of the 5 pillars of well-architected frameworks; experience is preferred.
- Experience delivering high-impact software solutions to government clients.
- Experience with Docker or Kubernetes and Amazon AWS services and APIs, including EC2, S3, VPC, and IAM.
- Experience with of PaaS, SaaS, or CaaS solutions or technologies, including Kubernetes, Cloud Foundry, OpenShift, Mesosphere, Pivotal, and Docker Data Center.
- Experience with continuous delivery software tools including Jenkins or CloudBees..
- Experience with alerts and monitoring tools and system management tools for environments and configuration management and Cloud orchestration tools, including Ansible, Chef, Puppet, AWS Cloudformation, Azure Resource management Templates, Terraform, and Salt.
- YEARS EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience.
- Bachelors degree in a relevant computer field.
- Masters degree in a relevant computer field with a minimum of three (3) years of directly-related experience.
- Nine (9) years of directly-related experience; no degree required.
- Five (5) years of directly-related experience and a compelling mix of at least three (3) relevant certifications.
- Certification(s) is(are) not required, however, possessing a certification in one or more of the above-referenced experience skills may have an impact in the hiring and offer decisions.
- COVID-19 Federal Government Vaccination Mandate:
- Employment for this position is contingent upon your ability to either: (i) provide proof of vaccination, or (ii) submit a Reasonable Accommodation Exemption that is approved by our client.
- - - - -
To help our clients succeed, our employees excel, and to have a positive impact in all we do.
Continued Service to Country through Contracting.
Check out SoundWay's YouTube site
for videos on SoundWay, our capabilities and success.
BENEFITS & PERKS:
SoundWay values its employees, respecting the whole person, and recognizing their efforts & accomplishments. True to our Mission Statement we offer competitive salaries, generous benefits, and an ethical & respectful company culture, including the following Benefits & Perks:
- Healthcare Benefits.
- SoundWay pays 100% of an employee's premium (cost) for Medical, Dental, Vision, Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance, & $50K Life Insurance, and approximately 25% of the additional cost to add spouse/partner/child(ren)/family coverage.
- Pre-Paid Health Reimbursement Debit Card. Minimum of $900/year to help offset deductibles.
- Bonus in Lieu of Benefits. $3000/year bonus in lieu of benefits if you don't need/want benefits through SoundWay.
- Flexible Spending Account
- 3.5% Matching 401K Retirement Plan. Up to 3.5% matching.
- Professional Development Reimbursement. $2500/year for qualified college courses, certification classes & testing, & professional association membership fees.
SoundWay's provides state-of-the-industry Information Technology (IT), Mission Support (MS), and Cybersecurity Compliance & Certification (NIST, CMMC, etc.)
solutions and services to support and advance National Security and Government programs & operations for the Department of Defense (DoD),
Intelligence Community (IC),
Veterans Administration (VA)
and other non-DoD Government organizations & agencies. And, as a Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification - Accreditation Board (CMMC-AB)
Registered Provider Organization (RPO)
and candidate CMMC 3rd Party Assessor Organization (C3PAO),
SoundWay provides Cybersecurity compliance and certification solutions & services to businesses, organizations, & individuals doing business with the federal Government & DoD.
Giving back is a great way to have a positive impact in our communities & industry, and with our colleagues & clients. We encourage staff to recommend opportunities to give back via donations, sponsoring, mentoring, membership, participation, etc.. Our commitment to giving back & positive impact includes sponsoring a local youth softball team and the Bea Gaddy Family Centers
for several years.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disable