TS/SCI with CI Poly
Washington, DC, Reston, VA, or Herndon, VA
Lead, oversee, conduct & ensure the quality of systems, security, network, application & user support, maintenance, & release activities; e.g., "administration". Provide technical expertise for the administration of complex operating systems. Help develop, document, communicate, & enforce systems administration & network technology policy & procedure. Install & configure new software & hardware, such as server & network devices & firewalls Support incremental software deliveries, including those requiring reconfiguration & continuous restructuring & builds of the current infrastructure as new baselines are delivered. Accurately & reliably work independently & as a task lead and/or member of a project team. Support multiple projects concurrently & successfully prioritize your/your team's activities. Oversee & monitor performance across several disciplines, & when required, take steps to resolve issues. Provide expert guidance and direction to Government and Vendor senior level technicians and managers.
- Knowledgeable in and experience with:
- GOTs/COTs SW installs
- Monitoring system health
- Remedying problems
- Security Hardening
- Applying & deploying updates & patches
- RELEVANT EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of eight (8) years systems administration experience.
- Experience administering Linux OS, particularly with RedHat.
- Experience with Red Hat Certified Systems Administrator
- Experience performing system backups, maintaining archives, and data recovery.
- Good working knowledge of scripting languages (sh, bash, perl)
- Knowledge of/some experience with:
- VMWare vSphere
- VMWare storage technologies (e.g., VMDK, vSAN)
- Bachelors degree in a computer science discipline;
- Or any of the following:
- Masters degree in a relevant discipline & 2-years LESS relevant experience; or
- Associates degree in a computer science discipline PLUS 4 additional years relevant experience; or
- High School diploma or GED PLUS 6 additional years relevant experience
- COVID-19 Vaccination - Federal Government Compliance: NOTE - Most, but not all, of SoundWay's job openings support federal Government clients. If SoundWay's job offer is for a job supporting a federal Government client, your employment shall be contingent upon your ability to either (i) provide proof of vaccination, or (ii) submit and have approved by the client a Reasonable Accommodation Exemption.
- - - - - - - -
To help our clients succeed, our employees excel, and to have a positive impact in all we do.
Continued Service to Country through Contracting.
Check out SoundWay's YouTube site
for videos on SoundWay, our capabilities and success.
BENEFITS & PERKS:
SoundWay values its employees, respecting the whole person, and recognizing their efforts & accomplishments. True to our Mission Statement we offer competitive salaries, generous benefits, and an ethical & respectful company culture, including the following Benefits & Perks:
- Healthcare Benefits.
- SoundWay pays 100% of an employee's premium (cost) for Medical, Dental, Vision, Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance, & $50K Life Insurance, and approximately 25% of the additional cost to add spouse/partner/child(ren)/family coverage.
- Pre-Paid Health Reimbursement Debit Card. Minimum of $900/year to help offset deductibles.
- Bonus in Lieu of Benefits. $3000/year bonus in lieu of benefits if you don't need/want benefits through SoundWay.
- Flexible Spending Account
- 3.5% Matching 401K Retirement Plan. Up to 3.5% matching.
- Professional Development Reimbursement. $2500/year for qualified college courses, certification classes & testing, & professional association membership fees.
SoundWay's provides state-of-the-industry Information Technology (IT), Mission Support (MS), and Cybersecurity Compliance & Certification (NIST, CMMC, etc.)
solutions and services to support and advance National Security and Government programs & operations for the Department of Defense (DoD),
Intelligence Community (IC),
Veterans Administration (VA)
and other non-DoD Government organizations & agencies. And, as a Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification - Accreditation Board (CMMC-AB)
Registered Provider Organization (RPO)
and candidate CMMC 3rd Party Assessor Organization (C3PAO),
SoundWay provides Cybersecurity compliance and certification solutions & services to businesses, organizations, & individuals doing business with the federal Government & DoD.
Giving back is a great way to have a positive impact in our communities & industry, and with our colleagues & clients. We encourage staff to recommend opportunities to give back via donations, sponsoring, mentoring, membership, participation, etc.. Our commitment to giving back & positive impact includes sponsoring a local youth softball team and the Bea Gaddy Family Centers
for several years.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disable
Operations Resource Manager
SoundWay Consulting, Inc.
Office: 571-210-0624, ext 120