Fort Belvoir, VA
Duties and responsibilities span the project management lifecycle for successfully planning, coordinating, executing, and closing out many in-person and virtual meetings and events. Meetings and events include: conferences (both international & non-international), program & project reviews, technical meetings, workshops, & other client and client-sponsored events.
- Communicate regularly and effectively with meeting/event clients, vendors, facility staff, and attendees. Vendors & support staff include: center's facility & security staff, and catering, promotional product, entertainment, and ground & air travel companies.
- Support and make recommendation for all aspects of meeting/event planning, preparations, logistics, execution & close-out, including:
- Meeting & common-area space requirements, restrictions & configurations;
- Meeting/event support staff requirements; identify & secure staff for the meeting/event;
- Attendee on-site registration, parking & access;
- Attendee lodging, travel & local dining options
- Physical & personnel security;
- Advertising & meeting/event registration (hard-copy & web-based);
- Catering menu & pricing;
- Equipment requirement identification, ordering/reservations, set-up & tear-down;
- Meeting/equipment document
- Activity-decision & order-submission due dates.
- Create a project plan for each meeting/event to document, assign, track & manage all activities, preparations, attendees, travel plans, logistics, & individual & total prices/costs.
- Submit meeting/event support requests to client for approval prior to incurring any non-refundable expenses or unnecessary work.
- Support client's meeting/event content creation(s); communicate, coordinate, & track content assignments through delivery;
- Create & distribute a client-defined/approved weekly project report summarizing completed activities, pending activities, outstanding decisions, registration list/summary, and risks & issues.
- Minimum of 2 years of meeting/event experience meeting the Job Description above.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office365: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, & Outlook.
- Computer proficiency in & comfortable conducting internet searches & analysis to support Job Description duties & decision making.
- Proven experience reliably & accurately conducing [database] data entry, updates, searches, & report generation.
- Comfortable & capable of managing, tracking, & supporting multiple, concurrent meeting/event "projects."
- Professional , clearly & concisely written & spoken communication skills & abilities.
- Comfortable & confident communicating with & interacting with foreign & US Government, military, & civilian C-level executives, managers, staff, & laborers.
- Comfortable & capable of working independently & as a member of a team.
- Pleasant, positive, confident, capable, & professional client & guest-facing persona.
- Nice to Have
- Experience with international work and consulting environments.
- Knowledge of DoD travel regulations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Management, OR
- Waiver may be possible depending on candidate’s years of relevant experience (please ask).
To help our clients succeed, our employees excel, and to have a positive impact in all we do.
SoundWay's professional services & client success
include information technology (IT) and mission support solutions and services to support & advance National Security and Government programs and operations within the Department of Defense (DoD), Intelligence Community (IC), Veterans Administration (VA) and other Civil federal agencies. SoundWay is a Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification - Accreditation Board (CMMC-AB) Registered Provider Organization (RPO) and shall soon become a CMMC 3rd Party Assessor Organization (C3PAO) certifier.
SoundWay values its employees,
and true to its mission statement, offers competitive salaries, generous benefits, and thoughtful & communicative leadership & management. SoundWay pays 100% of our employee’s medical, dental, & vision benefits’ premium, and a portion of the cost to add family members. We encourage professional development, reimbursing employees for completing college or certification courses, certification testing, professional membership fees, and job-related materials.
Giving back is part of the SoundWay’s ethos.
We seek ways to have a positive impact in our local communities and industry, including donating to and participating in charitable organizations and events. We encourage our employees to recommend giving-back opportunities; which is how we've come to sponsor a local youth softball team for many years. We know that we can only help ensure our client’s success if our employees have what they need to excel and believe in the company they work for.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disable
Operations Resource Manager
SoundWay Consulting, Inc.
Office: 571-210-0624, ext 120