TS/SCI with CI Polygraph
Herndon, VA -or- JBAB, DC -or- Maryland Square, MD
Regular workday times
Local travel within the DMV area.
Seeking a motivated Software Engineer with experience developing enterprise C2S cloud applications supporting an exceptionally complex, interdisciplinary, inter-organizational. As a senior member an integrated-contractor-program, shall lead & support multiple complex system design, development, test, & integration issues & vendor reviews, analysis, discussions & recommendations. Shall provide technical expertise & support technical solution design meetings. Shall oversee, monitor, track, troubleshoot & resolve system performance & issues across several disciplines. Shall provides expert guidance & direction to Government and Vendor senior level technicians and managers.
- Minimum of eight (8) years of full-stack development experience in C2S cloud environments.
- Strong understanding of cloud computing concepts and fundamentals (serverless, scalability, high availability, and durability).
- Relational and NoSQL database design, implementation, configuration, and query experience (MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB).
- Experience designing, implementing, and maintaining data indexes (ElasticSearch or Lucene).
- Experience with programming languages such as Python, Node.js, Angular.js, and React.
- Comfortable working with Linux or Unix-based operating systems (i.e. command line operations, bash scripting).
- Demonstrable Configuration Management (CM) experience using Git and familiarity with branching strategies.
- Nice to Have
- Experience building automation and Infrastructure as Code (i.e. CloudFormation).
- Demonstrable knowledge of AWS services such as Lambda, DynamoDB, RDS, CloudFormation, EC2, ALB, IAM, and SQS.
- Familiarity with RMF+ security accreditation process and experiencing coding to security standards and best practices (i.e. end-to-end encryption).
- General awareness of / experience with popular open source frameworks, libraries, and packages.
- Ability to determine technical direction from high-level requirements.
- Bachelors degree in a computer science or relevant engineering discipline;
- Or any of the following:
- High School diploma or GED +six (6) additional years of relevant experience; or
- Associates degree +four (4) additional years of experience, or
- Masters degree AND only six (6) minimum years of relevant experience, or
- PhD AND only four (4) minimum years of relevant experience.
- DoD 8570 compliance or information assurance certification commensurate with technical objectives and services required within the task order.
To help our clients succeed, our employees excel, and to have a positive impact in all we do.
SoundWay values its employees
, respecting the whole person, and recognizing their efforts & accomplishments. True to our mission statement we offer competitive salaries, generous benefits, and thoughtful & communicative leadership & management.
SoundWay's professional services & client success include
- Benefits & Perks:
- Healthcare Benefits. SoundWay pays 100% of our employee’s medical, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability, & basic life insurance benefits’ premiums. SoundWay also pays 25% of the cost to add family members to medical, dental, & vision insurances.
- Matching 401K Retirement Plan. 3.5% matching with immediate vesting.
- FSA and HSA. Employees may contribute pre-tax funds into in a Flexible Spending Account (FSA). A prepaid Health Spending Account (HSA) is also available to qualifying employees to help offset the cost of deductibles.
- Professional Development. Employees are reimbursed up to $2500 a year for qualifying professional development expenses, including college courses, certification classes and testing, and professional association fees.
Information Technology (IT), Mission Support (MS), and Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC) solutions and services to support and advance National Security and Government programs and operations within the Department of Defense (DoD), Intelligence Community (IC), Veterans Administration (VA) and other Civil federal agencies. SoundWay is a Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification - Accreditation Board (CMMC-AB)
Registered Provider Organization (RPO)
and shall soon become a CMMC 3rd Party Assessor Organization (C3PAO)
Giving back is part of the SoundWay’s ethos.
We seek ways to have a positive impact in our local communities and industry, including donating to and participating in charitable organizations and events. We encourage our employees to recommend giving-back opportunities; which is how we've come to sponsor a local youth softball team for many years. We know that we can only help ensure our client’s success if our employees have what they need to excel and believe in the company they work for.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disable