CLEARANCE: TS/SCI with CI Poly
WORK SITE: Reston, VA
WORK SHIFT: 2:00p - 9:00p
Seeking a motivated PostGreSQL architecting, developing, securing and tuning a large Postgres 9.6/10 database that supports multiple applications and logical replication. You will design table architecture, build views, scripts, queries, indexes, and secure the data.
- Architect/Design, developing, securing and tuning a large Postgres 9.6/10 database that supports multiple applications and logical replication
- Administration of PostgreSQL databases throughout the development and production lifecycles in an AWS environment
- Design and develop logical and physical database designs from customer requirements.
- Analyze/Develop business description of user needs, program functions, and steps required to develop or modify systems, including Business Requirements Documents and supporting documents, diagrams, data and database specification.
- Assist the project/application manager with release, configuration, and change management activities.
- Provide advice and support to development resources.
- Minimum 5 years hands-on experience in database infrastructure tasks on Linux/Unix operating systems with demonstrated experience in each of the following:
- Installing databases preferably on-premise and Cloud PostgreSQL
- Designing/developing/maintaining database schemas
- Must understand VPD and visibility. Must understand how to analyze, troubleshoot, and improve query performance
- Solid understanding of VPD Scripts, Queries Table Design, Views Backups, restore Analysis and troubleshooting migrations from MongoDB and/or Oracle DB to Postgres is a plus.
- Converting database schemas from on-premise DB2 or Oracle databases to PostgreSQL database structures.
- Writing data conversion scripts from on-premise DB2 or Oracle databases to PostgreSQL database structures.
- Developing, writing, and testing of Linux or Bash scripts for startup, shutdown, backups, database scripts, and other scripting as required
- Minimum 3 years of experience in database administration tasks such as DB analysis, maintenance, development, and reporting.
- Demonstrated experience in design of tables, views, scripts, queries, indexes and ability to secure the data. Must have good organizational and writing skills and have the ability to work well with customers. Experience performing system backups, maintaining archives and data recovery.
- Migration from MongoDB and/or Oracle to PostGres
- Must understand Virtual Private Database (VPD) and visibility; VPD Scripts and Queries; Table Design and Views Backups & restore(s); Analysis and troubleshoot.
- Bachelors degree with 8 years of experience; or
- High School/GED Diploma & 12 years relevant experience; or
- Associates & 10 years relevant experience; or
- Masters degree & 6 years relevant experience; or
- PhD & 4 years relevant experience
Soundway Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Operations Resource Manager
SoundWay Consulting, Inc.
Office: 571-210-0624, ext 120