TS/SCI with CI Poly
Location negotiable: Reston, VA; Washington D.C. (JBAB/DIAC), or Maryland.
5:30am – 1:30pm
Due to COVID-19 the number of staff onsite at any one time has been reduced to minimize risk, with staff working in shifts to maximize productivity while keeping onsite numbers low. There may be flexibility re:which shift to work.
Great opportunity for a motivated senior engineer to be part of an integrated project team (IPT) responsible for creating and enhancing operational capabilities, oversee the delivery of capability enhancements and systems optimization, interact with clients, end-users/analysts.
- Review of existing system and software design and code and make recommendations for developing and integrating new requirements, and for improving system's performance and code/system’s maintenance.
- Apply and comply with configuration management practices and established development standards.
- Implement the Agile SDLC approach. Conduct peer reviews, make recommendations and provide constructive criticism and assistance to ensure sprints remain on schedule.
- Collaborate with IPT engineers, developers, integrators, testers, and system systems integrators.
- Support the occasional after-hours and weekend work requirement to support scheduled systems activities and ad-hoc trouble-call support.
- Reconfiguration and continuous restructuring in support of incremental software deliveries .
- Perform builds of current infrastructure as new baselines are delivered.
- Install, monitor, security hardening, update, patch, troubleshoot commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) and government-off-the-shelf (GOTS) software.
- Oversee and monitor performance across several disciplines and recommend steps to resolve issues.
- Provide guidance and direction to Government and vendor senior level technicians and managers.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in PeopleSoft 8.5 or higher designing developing, testing, troubleshooting, integrating, modifying & enhancing.
- Peoplesoft 8.5 or higher; PeopleSoft Objects; PeopleSoft Application Designer; PeopleSoft App Engine' PeopleSoft Integration Broker; PeopleSoft Approval Workflow Engine (AWE); Structured query reports (SQR); Structured query language (SQL); Data-mover scripts statements; Oracle database development/administration.
- Design, develop, enhance, test, debug, & deploy user applications/solutions using PeopleSoft PeopleTools Application Designer objects; includes components, pages, records, fields, SQL, Application Engine, and Application Packages.
- Analyzing and/or eliciting, clarifying, and validating user’s needs / business requirements and translating them into technical design requirements, workflows, business rules, specifications, etc…
- Working knowledge of software testing.
- Ability to independently organize work, prioritize tasks, and manage multiple and changing priorities
- Ability to conduct technical design walk-throughs and peer reviews. Demonstrates good organization and writing skills and ability to work with customers.
- Masters degree in a computer science discipline;
- Or any of the following:
- Bachelors degree in a computer science discipline +2 additional years relevant experience; or
- Associates degree in a computer science discipline +4 additional years relevant experience; or
- High School diploma or GED + 6 additional years relevant experience; or
Mission Statement: To help our clients succeed, our employees excel, and to have a positive impact in all we do.
SoundWay's professional services & client success
include information technology (IT) and mission support solutions and services to support & advance National Security and Government programs and operations within the Department of Defense (DoD), Intelligence Community (IC), Veterans Administration (VA) and other Civil federal agencies. SoundWay is a Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification - Accreditation Board (CMMC-AB) Registered Provider Organization (RPO) and shall soon become a CMMC 3rd Party Assessor Organization (C3PAO) certifier.
SoundWay values its employees
, and true to its mission statement, offers competitive salaries, generous benefits, and thoughtful & communicative leadership & management. SoundWay pays 100% of our employee’s medical, dental, & vision benefits’ premium, and a portion of the cost to add family members. We encourage professional development, reimbursing employees for completing college or certification courses, certification testing, professional membership fees, and job-related materials.
Giving back is part of the SoundWay’s ethos.
We seek ways to have a positive impact in our local communities and industry, including donating to and participating in charitable organizations and events. We encourage our employees to recommend giving-back opportunities; which is how we've come to sponsor a local youth softball team for many years. We know that we can only help ensure our client’s success if our employees have what they need to excel and believe in the company they work for.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled