CLEARANCE: TS/SCI with CI Poly
WORK SITE: Reston, VA (optional DC, MD)
WORK SHIFT: 5:30a – 1:30p
(Due to COVID-19 the number of staff onsite at any one time has been reduced to minimize risk, with staff working in shifts to maximize productivity while keeping onsite numbers low. There may be flexibility re:which shift to work.)
Great opportunity for a motivated senior engineer to be part of an integrated project team (IPT) responsible for creating and enhancing operational capabilities, oversee the delivery of capability enhancements and systems optimization, interact with clients, end-users/analysts.
- Review of existing system and software design and code and make recommendations for developing and integrating new requirements, and for improving system's performance and code/system’s maintenance;
- Apply and comply with configuration management practices and established development standards;
- Implement the Agile SDLC approach. Conduct peer reviews, make recommendations and provide constructive criticism and assistance to ensure sprints remain on schedule;
- Collaborate with IPT engineers, developers, integrators, testers, and system systems integrators;
- Support the occasional after-hours and weekend work requirement to support scheduled systems activities and ad-hoc trouble-call support;
- Reconfiguration and continuous restructuring in support of incremental software deliveries ;
- Perform builds of current infrastructure as new baselines are delivered;
- Install, monitor, security hardening, update, patch, troubleshoot commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) and government-off-the-shelf (GOTS) software;
- Oversee and monitor performance across several disciplines and recommend steps to resolve issues;
- Provide guidance and direction to Government and vendor senior level technicians and managers.
- Design, develop, enhance, test, debug, & deploy user applications/solutions using PeopleSoft PeopleTools Application Designer objects; includes components, pages, records, fields, SQL, Application Engine, and Application Packages.
- Analyzing and/or eliciting, clarifying, and validating user’s needs / business requirements and translating them into technical design requirements, workflows, business rules, specifications, etc…
- Working knowledge of software testing.
- Ability to independently organize work, prioritize tasks, and manage multiple and changing priorities
- 6 years’ experience with system/software design, develop/create, troubleshoot, modify and enhance using PeopleSoft 8.5 or higher.
- Ability to conduct technical design walk-throughs and peer reviews. Demonstrates good organization and writing skills and ability to work with customers.
- Must have experience with/in:
- Peoplesoft 8.5 or higher; PeopleSoft Objects; PeopleSoft Application Designer; PeopleSoft App Engine' PeopleSoft Integration Broker; PeopleSoft Approval Workflow Engine (AWE); Structured query reports (SQR); Structured query language (SQL); Data-mover scripts statements; Oracle database development/administration.
- Bachelors degree & 8 years relevant experience; or
- High School diploma/GED & 12 years relevant experience; or
- Associates degree & 10 years relevant experience; or
- Masters degree & 6 years relevant experience