We are seeking a Software Developer to support a mission-critical, cloud-based application used by all levels of IT management at a major federal agency.
In this role you will be analyzing complex system requirements to design, develop, and test software that will provide users with a single-page web application with an intuitive UI that features team-sourced workflow, interactive graph visualizations, dynamic searching, and custom report generation capabilities.
Support will entail:
• Applying sound software engineering principles to develop code that is maintainable, efficient, reliable, and fault-tolerant.
• Documenting specifications and architecture to obtain and maintain the application’s Approval to Operate (ATO).
• Customer support via multiple channels (i.e. Phone; Email; and Service Requests)
• Software process management and control through the Agency’s Risk Management Framework (RMF)
Candidates should have professional experience with Angular.js, Neo4J, or PHP and an eagerness to expand their skills.
Interpersonal skills will be a necessity since you will be interacting with stakeholders at all levels within the organization.
• Experience working with Angular.js; PHP; and graphical database Neo4J (Alternative graph database experience can include: SparQL; GraphQL; Titan; or Gremlin)
• Experience working in Customer Relationship Management applications (i.e. Supportweb, Quality Center, Remedy, etc…)
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in a STEM-related field of study
• 6 years of experience as a software developer. The addition of 4 years of relevant experience may be substituted for Bachelor’s degree.
• Active TS/SCI clearance – CI Poly (preferred)
• Security + certification
• Experience with CentOS & Linux operating systems
• Experience with Amazon AWS or C2S cloud environments
• Experience developing RESTful API’s
• Experience with SSH; SSL; and PKI
• Experience with software version control systems (i.e. Gitlab, RedMine, etc….)
Education/years of experience:
High School diploma/GED with 10 years of experience, or Associates degree with 8 years of experience, or Bachelors degree with 6 years of experience, or Masters degree with 4 years of experience, or PhD with 2 years of experience. Skills & tasks: Exceptionally Complex - researches and evaluates new concepts and processes to improve performance. Analyzes cross-functional problem sets, identifies root causes and resolves issues. Assists more junior level technicians, specialists, and managers in their activities. Can perform all tasks of lower level technicians, specialists, and/or managers. Individual Work/Teamwork or Leadership/Management: Leadership/ Management - Works individually, actively participates on integrated teams, and leads multiple tasks, projects or teams. Oversees and monitors performance, and when required, takes steps to resolve issues. Guidance: Directs multiple teams through to project completion. Provides guidance and direction to lower level technicians, specialists, and managers. Training & Certifications: DoD 8570 compliance or information assurance certification commensurate with technical objectives and services required within the task order. Applicable software or hardware training and certifications commensurate with the technical objectives, services required, and IT environment specified within the task order.