CLEARANCE: TS/SCI w/CI Poly
LOCATION: Reston, VA; JBAB D.C.; or Bethesda, MD
** Some work may be conducted remotely.
WORK TIME: Full time
TRAVEL: Local travel up to 25%.
The Enterprise Architect shall provide our client with Contract Advisory and Assistance Support (CAAS) for the strategic technical direction across value streams within the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) Solution Trains and Agile Release Trains (ARTs) to ensure they are made aware of and takes advantage of emerging capabilities and opportunities concurrent with carrying out their operational mission, and shall support the DOMEX technology strategy and roadmap to support current and future client capabilities by driving the design, engineering, reuse, application of patterns, and create Enabler Epics for the architectures that comprise the solutions in a portfolio.
The CAAS Enterprise Architect shall lead and support many processes, events and projects across the client's AOR/offices, and shall provide recommendations for an integrated approach to implementing Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE), which is the formalized application of modeling to support system requirements, design, analysis, verification, and validation activities; going beyond simple analytic modeling to provide focused efforts on efficient integration of the architecture, requirements, CONOPS, etc. to ensure a more unified and efficient enterprise baseline. Additional duties & responsibilities include:
- Perform technical planning, define specifications that incorporate software, hardware, data requirements and technologies to establish an integrated tool framework and data architecture that supports MBSE.
- Work with teams to define the appropriate data standards, data structures, and supporting COTS, GOTS, and Open Source technologies required to manage the systems engineering needs.
- Provide technical subject matter expertise for planning systems development, integration, data models, database structural designs.
- Integrate enterprise tools supporting requirements engineering and Engineering Review Boards (ERB), CONOPS and architecture development, Risk, Issues, boards, schedule management, test verification strategy and systems integrations supporting the enhancement and introduction of new capabilities.
- Assess processes, data flows and relationships to create efficiencies and the underlying metadata structure to support data sharing within our client's data environment.
- Support meetings and exchanges between users and tool development teams, providing subject matter expertise to help gather and interpret the users' desired capabilities and features, help manage expectations, and help ensure development specifications and guidance accurately meet expectations.
- Provide technical advice and guidance to senior managers regarding the creation and implementation of new standards, KPIs, and capabilities and will interact with multiple Acquisition Offices (AOs) and facilitate risk and action closure with Acquisition Offices and users, and support technical consultations, meeting coordination, and support briefings' creation and presentation.
- Collaborate across client management and leadership to develop a high-level vision of enterprise solutions and development initiatives.
- Identify and designclient functions value streams.
- Define technical initiatives that support Lean Budgets via Enabler Epics.
- Help the value streams adhere to the budget guardrails for legacy applications and retiring solutions.
- Participate in the strategy for building and maintaining the architectural runway.
- Experience with DOMEX architecture, DOMEX Exploitation Workflow, IT enterprise architecture, IT systems engineering and design, and Government acquisition processes, Application Development; Application Portfolio and Life-Cycle Management; Data Management; Analytics and Protection; Enterprise Management; External IT Hosting; Governance; Identity and Access Management (IAM) Infrastructure; Integration; Network; and Security, Privacy and Compliance.
- Experience in identifying risks posed by cloud computing services and developing a risk-mitigation-mapping matrix for coping with and overcoming the identified risks.
- Demonstrated expertise in industry technical issues and trends. Possesses ability to meet and operate under deadlines.
- Experience communicating Strategic Themes, and other business drivers for architecture, to System and Solution Architects and non-technical stakeholders
- Experience driving architectural initiatives via enabler epics in the Portfolio Kanban system and participating in their analysis where applicable Influencing modeling, design, and coding practices.
- Experience promoting Continuous Delivery Pipeline and DevOps capabilities
- Experience collecting, generating, and analyzing innovative ideas and technologies to use across the business facilitating the reuse of code, components, and proven patterns.
- Experience synchronizing the following disciplines across Solutions whenever applicable: System and data security and quality Production infrastructure Solution user experience (Lean UX) Nonfunctional Requirements (NFRs).
- Master’s Degree in a related field and 15+ years of experience.
- PhD in a related field and 10+ years of experience as a SME.
- Bachelors with four additional years Enterprise Architect experience.
- COVID-19 Federal Government Vaccination Mandate:
- Employment for this position is contingent upon your ability to either: (i) provide proof of vaccination, or (ii) submit a Reasonable Accommodation Exemption that is approved by our client.
- - - - -
MISSION: To help our clients succeed, our employees excel, and to have a positive impact in all we do.
MOTTO: Continued Service to Country through Contracting.
BENEFITS & PERKS: SoundWay values its employees, respecting the whole person, and recognizing their efforts & accomplishments. True to our mission statement we offer competitive salaries, generous benefits, and thoughtful & communicative leadership & management.
Benefits & Perks:
SoundWay's professional services & client success include
- Healthcare Benefits. SoundWay pays 100% of our employee’s medical, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability, & basic life insurance benefits’ premiums. SoundWay also pays 25% of the cost to add family members to medical, dental, & vision insurances.
- Matching 401K Retirement Plan. 3.5% matching with immediate vesting.
- FSA and HSA. Employees may contribute pre-tax funds into in a Flexible Spending Account (FSA). A prepaid Health Spending Account (HSA) is also available to qualifying employees to help offset the cost of deductibles.
- Professional Development. Employees are reimbursed up to $2500 a year for qualifying professional development expenses, including college courses, certification classes and testing, and professional association fees.
Information Technology (IT), Mission Support (MS), and Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC) solutions and services to support and advance National Security and Government programs and operations within the Department of Defense (DoD), Intelligence Community (IC), Veterans Administration (VA) and other Civil federal agencies. SoundWay is a Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification - Accreditation Board (CMMC-AB) Registered Provider Organization (RPO) and shall soon become a CMMC 3rd Party Assessor Organization (C3PAO) certifier.
Giving back is part of the SoundWay’s ethos.
We seek ways to have a positive impact in our local communities and industry, including donating to and participating in charitable organizations and events. We encourage our employees to recommend giving-back opportunities; which is how we've come to sponsor a local youth softball team for many years. We know that we can only help ensure our client’s success if our employees have what they need to excel and believe in the company they work for.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disable